Saturday 29 May 2010

A Scourer or a Scarf?

I bought the decorative yarn for this at a Knitting show. It looked gorgeous and I had to make something out of it. It's called Starlight Revue. It looks like a pot scourer in normal light but under stage-type lights (or jewellery shop lights) it looks sparkly and gorgeous. Since my mom is in a band and is under those kinds of lights, I thought she'd look nice in something made out of it. So I did a simple fishnet stitch until I ran out of yarn. I didn't like the size of it so I ordered more yarn and even though it was the same colorway it was very very different. So I crocheted one skein of it onto one end and one onto the other end. Hopefully at least it's symmetrical. Here in the photo it's rolled and bunched up so you can't really tell.

Here's a close-up of one end of the roll. As you can see, there are lots of pretty colors in it, not just black and silver. I just hope it looks nice on Mom.

As far as I know, she doesn't read this blog, so it'll probably still be a surprise when she gets it in the mail. Unless I can't help myself and tell her to go look at it when we're online together. That is most likely going to happen. I can't keep secrets.

1 comment:

KraftyKaren said...

You can tell from the photo that it is pretty sparkly - I am sure she will love it.