Thursday 9 September 2010

Flower 10

Welcome back from our Crochet break. We're back to the series deconstructing a project called "A Study in Purple" that I posted here on 3 September. If you're just joining us, take a look. We'll wait... :)

I wish I had made more of these. The original project (3 September) really needs more on the bottom to even things out and these are just the thing.

These have four layers on them but they come together quickly and I think they're pretty effective. There are so many ways to vary this one, but I must point out it's quite important to make sure the "rays" of the sun punched shapes are facing the same way in each layer, otherwise it just looks wrong. Especially if there's only two layers of suns like there are here.

2 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

they look fantastic :)

KraftyKaren said...

Loving the deconstruction!!