Thursday 2 September 2010

Stash-busting!

I've been papercrafting for quite some time in one form or another and as with any papercrafter, my "stash" of paper and cardstock tends to pile up and get a bit heavy. It's not just whole sheets of paper or card waiting to be used for a project. Sometimes it's the scraps-- those pieces that are just too big to throw away or recycle, but too small to stay in the new paper pile.

The other thing that tends to build up is kit leftovers. When you buy a whole selection of supplies and use them for a while and then forget about them, the dregs tend to hang around and take up space.

I have combined these two things quite well and made something not only useful, but current with the scraps and kit leftovers.


For the uninitiated, these are seen quite a lot on cards. They're scalloped circle mats. They're also useful for writing on scrapbook pages, etc etc... I took my scraps of card from my box and cut the scalloped circles out on my Craft Robo. They were sized specifically to fit the circles that I already had-- the kit leftovers. I had a bunch of card blanks with apertures in them and I kept the circles and squares that were cut out but left in the pack. I've had them for years and I've only just now done something with them.

Yeah, I'm pleased with myself. It's one of those things, if you're not a crafter you won't understand. Just smile and nod.

2 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Look forward to seeing what you do with them

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Well done Sy, they look fabulous