Tuesday 14 June 2011

Friendship Bracelets


This time, the subject of the page is a "bloggable" item as well, so you're getting two entries for the price of one (which is absolutely free, so it's really not that good a deal after all, is it, but I digress). The two hands are my daughter and her friend, wearing bracelets that I made out of number 10 crochet thread and some plastic pearly beads. I wanted to have a go at beading and this was a simple enough project to do. I made a bracelet for my daughter and then her friend saw me making it and wanted one too so I made her one. It was on one of our Thursday night play-dates. If you want to see the bracelets closer-up, you can click on this page and it should enlarge it for you, but I don't know what kind of detail you'll get.

The page itself is Basic Grey Hello Luscious and Bazzill cardstock, edges punched with the Martha Stewart doily lace border punch (one of my favourites), some die-cuts from my sizzlits, and another appearance by the accordion flower. I also put on a layered flower made from the wafer-thin dies. I can't remember which one, but it's light blue metal. Marianne D's, perhaps? My title is stamped on with Papermania and hand-written. The journaling block is a dovecraft stamp, and I added liquid pearls to the bottom of it to reflect the beads in the bracelets.

No comments: