6 hours ago
Friday, 30 September 2011
This LO is a good way to show off and use up little odd bits of your favourite collection pack. I cut a motif out of one scrap and stuck it on a solid coloured scrap, used another for the title, and with the other two, I put a little cut-out motif and drew on little stitches. Next time, I may use real stitches. :)
Thursday, 29 September 2011
Saturday, 24 September 2011
These photos are of my kids putting their t-shirts over their heads, impersonating a Beavis and Butt-Head moment. I used paper from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush Collection (I think!). I punched some edges of paper and intersected them to make a space for the QuicKutz title and to break up the background a bit. Add a couple of tiny journalling spots from a Papermania stamp set, and voila. Page done.
Friday, 23 September 2011
This is my first use of the Basic Grey Oliver collection. I love the colours. Perfect for boys. There are also some train motifs hidden in there, which is quite useful for us as a family full of train lovers.
The photos are of my son using a touch-screen control on his Grandad's model railway.
Thursday, 22 September 2011
Yes, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, has a brand-new spelling of his nickname due to my refusal to stamp it in two goes. I only had one L, so I only used one L. So there.
The kids made crowns to wear to school. Well, actually, I made the crowns. But they proudly wore them to school.
The page makes a lot of use of the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch. I also took advantage of my Fiskars border stamps and border punch. The title is stamped with a Stampendous alpha. I've lost track of which Basic Grey I used with this, but it could be Lemonade.
Wednesday, 21 September 2011
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Wednesday, 7 September 2011
I like a bit of mesh. This one's fun, fast, and flexible, and all chains. I'm thinking I might have a use for all that decorative yarn after all... I can only make chain-stitch with it because it's so hard to find where to stitch into if you do any further layers, but this one shouldn't be too difficult as it is mostly chains and then working into chain spaces.
Sunday, 4 September 2011
I used a pink and grey organza ribbon for the ribbon circle, stitching a "channel" around it as I went so that I could do some tweaking after I got the ribbon in. The title is stamped with a Papermania alphabet set and I went over it with black Enamel Accents to give a bit of a "thickers" look to them. The flower and cherry embellishments were hand-doodled, cut out, then re-outlined before being layered up and put on the layout. The paper is all Basic Grey and Bazzill, but I can't tell you the specifics. I think most of it is Lemonade and there's a bit of Euphoria in there too... the solid colour pink is Vintage Pink by Bazzill. I used a Martha Stewart loop border punch on that. :)
Thank you Scrapology for yet another great challenge!!