Wednesday 23 January 2013

Phoning it in?


Two scrapbook pages, whipped together nicely using the Basic Grey Plumeria Collection Pack.  Just stickers, paper, photos, and some clever cutting.  It all came together so fast, I felt like I was "phoning it in."  I need  to jettison this attitude that something has to take a long time to be good work.  I'm happy with these pages.  They just didn't take hours to make!

Another thing that these layouts have in common is that the background sheets have a pattern on it that I didn't want to lose behind photos, so my trusty craft knife came in very handy.  I cut around the parts of the design I wanted to keep and I tucked the photos in.  It's a great technique, and one I haven't used in a while.

2 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Two really lovely layouts x

Wendy said...

Aren't they lovely, love the cutting out technique too :-)