Tuesday 26 February 2013

Ugly Stage!


Have I mentioned how I detest taking pictures of square things?

Now before you cringe too much, it's not done.  furthermore, it is in what Karen Ellis would call an "Ugly Stage."  But I'm showing you because I'm just that honest.

If you haven't checked out The Art House Studio on Ustream, you're missing a giggle and lots of inspiration. It's actually broadcast live from Karen Ellis's shop/studio in Canada at 6:30pm her time, which makes it 11:30pm local time here in England.  (Until they start changing the clocks, then it gets weird for a week or two)  This past Friday she was working on a canvas with some dimensional elements and it was really inspiring.  I decided that I'd have a go with the techniques myself.

This mirror (yet another bargain from ikea) was covered in texture paste and some gel medium.  I stuck on some Tim Holtz Grungeboard letters and some chipboard frames.  I sprinkled on some glass microbeads and added some  oddly-shaped sequins and some flat-back gems.  This is where I left it to allow the texture paste to dry.

I'm thinking of making  more "motivational mirrors."  I need some more good quotes to put on them though.  Any ideas would be most welcome!

Next stop.... colour!

3 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Look forward to seeing it when it is complete.

How about 'Procrastination is the thief of time'

KarmaCraft said...

indeed! And what am I doing right now?

... you guessed it!

KarmaCraft said...

indeed! And what am I doing right now?

... you guessed it!