Saturday 6 July 2013

Playing with Dylusions!

 Ok, seriously.  This.  Is.  Amazing.  Look at this!!

I was squealing with delight over what happened in this book.  I used only two colours of Dylusions spray inks by Ranger and out comes this fantastic landscape, complete with alien tree trunks ripe for doodling!


I used Bubblegum Pink and Lime Green Dylusions on a pair of art journal pages prepped with a spray of plain water.  The colours wicked into each other and separated into a rainbow of colours reminiscent of a sunset over a green field.  It's much brighter than it came out here in the photos, but you get the idea.  I put the ink on one page, let it do its magic and closed another page over it.  I opened it again and used some scrap to blot off the excess liquid.


I love these summery colours.  I'm not quite sure yet what I'll use the scraps for, but believe me,  they will be used!

Further experimentation has seen the colours come up quite well on kraft paper as well, shown here next to the giant number six.

It's so much fun to play with new supplies.  I need to start using them on actual projects though.  At the moment I feel like a bit of a mad scientist!  Mwah-hah-hah!!!!

No comments: