Tuesday 28 October 2014

Deep in the makeup brush forest...

This is usually a crafty blog but today in my craft room I dug up some of the makeup brushes that were hiding away in my makeup stash.  I took them all downstairs to commune with my newer brushes and when they were all acquainted, they had a bath.  Now they are standing tall and getting some air.

For makeup geeks I will mention where this collection of brushes hails from:

I have most recently bought quite a few of the Real Techniques brushes because they perform well and also they were designed by makeup artists from Pixiwoo. I adore Pixiwoo so I thought they deserved my support.  I love these brushes and they are mostly to blame for why my others haven't seen the light of day since about three halloweens ago.

In the back row where all the naughty brushes go, I have remnants of two sets of Body Shop brushes from two distinct phases of packaging.  One is wooden handled and one is plastic and quite wide - bottomed which makes them hard to store.

I also have Benefit brushes from at least three re-brandings ago, an Urban Decay brush from way before they went all gangsta glam, and a couple of brushes from Pout.  Remember them?  They hit the headlines in the early 2000s when Kylie used their lip gloss in the shade Pop My Bubble? ...no? Maybe I imagined it. Anyway, they had a cheeky little boutique in Covent Garden and I kinda want to go look them up all of a sudden.

I have done The Right Thing and had a purge of old makeup.  My nostalgic side did not want to part with a lot of it but hygiene dictates.  Now I can take a good look at what's left and try out this new Cut Crease thing that's everywhere at the moment.

Back to craft tomorrow!

1 comment:

KraftyKaren said...

My favourite brushes are the Body Shop ones - they are fab for the price and last a real long time, plus they do a lovely handy travel size set too. I have some Bare Escentuals ones too which are good for using with mineral make up