Saturday 28 February 2015

Farnborough Show Haul!

After a very lean month, I spent up in style at the Make It show in Farnborough.  I just about got all of it in the frame but it's all overlapping.  I will do a YouTube video at some point with all of it, but for now here is a summary: 

My first stop was Meiflower for a few reels of satin ribbon.  I have been using up quite a lot of it so I thought I would replenish stock.  I got four rolls: white, sage green, tan and a rose pink.

My husband advised me to keep an open mind unless I saw a demo that I liked and wouldn't you know it?  There was.  GlitzCraft has their own stencil paste and I saw the demo and loved it. I got their package deal which included 2 large pots of paste (I got silver and light green), 4 small pots of paste (I got pink blue green and gold), a spreading knife and seven of last year's stencils.  I also got 2 of this year's stencils.  I use stencils with many different products so they will go a long way.

My trip to the MDF Man wasn't as fruitfulness as planned because he has scaled back production of late to spend time with his new baby.  Too right!  But that means my remote control organiser and letter rack will have to wait.  I did find a ribbon rack though so I bought that and will be painting it today.  Great!

Next up was inkylicious. I found two of the three sets of 12 Memento dew drop pads I wanted but upon closer inspection, the set contents were a little different than the ones I found on Amazon which means I'll have to wait until the third set becomes available from Inkylicious.  I am very happy with the two sets I got but I am waiting for brights.  While there I also picked up a sanding block and some masking tape.

At craft Obsessions I picked up some sheets of Stick it adhesive backing for fiddly die cuts.  If I get on well with it I will buy it in bulk as it could quite quickly become a staple for me.   I also got some silver leafing flakes and a new scoochy sponge for my flitterglu set and two of the new Ken Oliver Click It ink pads in lamp black and walnut.

Onward to Stampasaurus where there was a large selection of.... more stencils!! I got six more.  Stencil count from this show stands at a massive 15!!

That was it for show purchases but I did also get a spritzer tool and Martha Stewart punch at Oyster Stamps on Friday, so they're in the picture too!

Thanks for sticking with me if you made it this far.  It's playtime now!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

what a haul - almost as good as mine :-)

Train Sim Live said...

Glad you had a great day!

Train Sim Live said...

Glad you had a great day!

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a fab day - what did Wendy get?????

KarmaCraft said...

More than me.... 'Nuff said :)