Tuesday 10 November 2015

Red Barn Coffee



I found myself at a crop with a brand-new collection pack of Papermania (not sure what it's called) and it had a bunch of things that I thought I'd try using.  I like big flowers, but usually I only use one on a layout, surrounded by smaller ones.  This time, I lined up some coffee-coloured ones along the bottom of the page, and used baker's twine in a spiral glued to the middle of each flower.  I didn't have anything else with me that would make nice flower centres, but I'm pleased with the effect that this twisted string gave when I laid it in a spiral in a puddle of glue.  It's a little bit trippy, especially under flourescent bulbs, but I'm sure it'll be ok when it is at home in the album.  The title is stamped with a Papermania alphabet set and the star in the circles is a Banana Frog stamp.  I think the brackets and journaling stamp (laid top-and-tail fashion to make a box) is Bo Bunny.  The ink is Memento.  The patterned paper is from the same set as the flowers and string, and you can find me using this set in a previous entry called Minnie Me.

No comments: