Monday 9 November 2015

Repetitive Scrapbook Pages?


What do you do when you went to, say, a parade for example, and you got a whole bunch of shots of loads and loads of groups?  It's kind of nice to have, but I look at the stack of photos and think, "I don't know how long I can look at these... let's just get through this, get it in the album, and then we can flip through it as often as we want!

My solution is to keep it simple, and create a feeling of continuity in the pages.  As such, I am not going to show you all of my parade photos here, but this one page is an example of how I made all the others.  Blue scalloped border on the top, red scalloped border on the bottom, white background, and titles all cut in the same font alternating colours per page.  Now I can keep them but I didn't spend ages making separate designs for the same subject.  It's what I like to call a "chapter" in a scrapbook.  Ideally, you start it with a right hand side title page, then do doubles and end with a right hand side page.  I'm not sure what I ended up with!  But parity is everything when putting the album together.  I'll find out sooner or later!!!

As I write this, the pages are still in boxes until I can confirm their planned order looking at my detailed notes on the subject... which are in a pile somewhere...

No comments: