Wednesday 5 October 2016

Yellow Baby Blanket


This was a stream-of-consciousness make.  A friend asked me for a favour in return for giving me a crafty item of hers that I couldn't take my eyes or hands off of!  The favour was called in-- to make a blanket for a friend's upcoming new baby!

I fancied trying Sedge Stitch, so I made a square of that... then I wanted to move on to something different, so I went around the edge in a dc-ch-dc-ch way, making corners as I went, and then dc in the chain space, chain, etc etc, for the next rounds.... got bored of that, started doing granny rounds, then went back to that dc-chain thing again, then back to granny again... that's as far as I got in the photo below.  The only thing I added to it was a ruffle around the edge, which was just 3tr in each stitch around, maybe more for the corners but I can't remember for the life of me!

The top photo is the blanket folded into quarters and then rolled.  A nice ribbon would have made for good presentation... but I only just thought of this now!!

This blog entry is part of Blogtober 2016.  To participate, visit the original post.


2 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Really pretty - I am sure she loved it.

Wendy said...

That is lovely :-)